The covers have finally been pulled off the Panigale V4R. The V4R is the 1000cc version of the Panigale V4 and Panigale V4S (which are both 1100cc). The V4R is the racing steed of the Panigale range and will be taking on the competition in WorkdSBK and BSB from 2019.
- 221 HP @ 15,250 RPM (16,500 RPM limiter)
- 81×48.4mm bore and stroke
- Titanium conrods (-100g each)
- New crank, 1.1kg lighter
- Forged pistons
- New camshaft
- Bigger inlet valves and ducts
- Bigger throttle boddies (+4mm) and dedicated trumpets
- New oil pump & lighter rotor
- Valve service @ 15,000 miles
What’s really rude though is that if you whip the Euro4 compliant exhaust off, replace it with a full system and remove some road-going bits like mirrors and numberplate hangers, it’ll make 234 HP and weigh just 165KG.
Chassis and frame
- Full aero package for stability, front-end feeling, anti-wheelie and better wind protection
- 3 positions for the adjustable swingarm
- Ohlins TTX36 shock
- Ohlin NPX 25/30 43mm fork
- Forged Marchesini wheels
- Bigger front fairing and windshield
- Wiglets (+30kg downforce at 170MPH (270KPH)
- Exposed Alu tank
- Sharkfin fairings to increase airflow and remove heat more efficiently (+16% air speed through radiators)
The winglets, Claudio Dominicali (Ducati’s CEO) said are almost identical to those used on Ducati’s GP16 MotoGP bike, and provide 30kg of downforce at 170MPH. Insane.
The new electronic toys are:
- Pit limiter
- Lap timer
Revolutions Accessories, the authorized distributor of Ducati motorcycles in the UAE, has unveiled the new Ducati Panigale V4 R at an exclusive event that took place recently at the Ducati Showroom on Sheikh Zayed Road. Read more about it here.