German tyre brand Metzeler has been announced as the technical partner for the 2019 World Enduro Super Series (WESS), the multi-discipline motorcycle championship for professionals and amateurs.
Established in 2018 with the aim of combining various competitive enduro formats under one title, the championship is now entering its second year, after a successful debut season. WESS combines many of the world’s most well-established and supported enduro events and annually crowns the ultimate enduro champion.
The series includes Hard Enduro, Classic Enduro and Cross-Country style events, where all enduro athletes are free to compete on their preferred make and size of motorcycle. All events retain their unique spirit and regulations, and remain 100% independent, with a uniformed point system applying to all events.
Metzeler will have its own stand in the paddock, offering both professionals and amateurs the chance to buy MCE Six Days Extreme tyres, in the 140/80 – 18 Soft or Super Soft rear versions and 90/90 – 21 standard or hard front versions, to be combined with soft and medium mousses.
2019 WESS Season:
1) Toyota Porto Extreme XL Lagares – Portugal, 10th May (Hard Enduro)
2) Trèfle Lozérien AMV – France, 17th May (Classic Enduro)
3) Erzbergrodeo Red Bull Hare Scramble – Austria, 30th May (Hard Enduro)
4) Hixpania Hard Enduro – Spain, 21st June (Hard Enduro)
5) Red Bull Romaniacs – Romania, 30th July (Hard Enduro)
6) Hawkstone Park Cross-Country – Great Britain, 21st September (Cross-Country)
7) BR2 Enduro Solsona – Spain, 5th October (Classic Enduro)
8) Getzenrodeo – Germany, 2nd November (Hard Enduro)